Do you know how the term "application" is defined in all the lending regulations? Which regulations apply to commercial loans? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the difference between an application and an inquiry? Is a written application required for a business purpose loan? Join this fast-paced webinar to understand the application process with step-by-step instructions and actual examples that explain the requirements of several confusing regulations in terms that are easy to understand.
- Learn what specific information will help you handle business applications correctly.
- What factors determine if the application is for business purpose or consumer purpose?
- What are common mistakes made in business loan application processing?
- What are the timing requirements regarding applications?
- Must an application be in writing? Must it be signed?
- What are the signature rules for applications? Learn about spousal and guarantor signature rules.
- Learn about the required disclosure for the "Right to Receive a Copy of Appraisal". Who gets the notice, and what are the timing rules? (NOTE: This NEW requirement became effective January 18, 2014). This DOES apply to 1st lien loans regardless of purpose; there is no "business-purpose" exception.
- How do you properly document the "joint intent" to apply?
- When is an adverse action notice required? What must it contain? Who receives one?
- What are common compliance violations in the commercial loan area, including the top HMDA and flood violations?
- What re the four "trip wire" events for Flood Insurance coverage for commercial loans and collateral?
- Regulations that apply to commercial loans include: ECOA (Equal Credit Opportunity Act), FHA (Fair Housing Act), HMDA (Home Mortgage Disclosure Act), CRA (Community Reinvestment Act), FDPA (Flood Disaster Protection Act), SCRA (Servicemember Civil Relief Act), Insider Credit (Regulation O).
BONUS! - Receive a matrix of 37 types of real estate secured loans that include the requirements for consumer AND commercial compliance for applications taken through July 31, 2015, and a NEW matrix of 28 types of real estate secured loans for applications taken on or after October 3, 2015, when the "Integrated Disclosure" rules become effective.
Who Should Attend?
This interactive session is a cost-effective way to gain a greater understanding of the rules about accepting and processing commercial applications. It will benefit loan officers, loan assistants, loan operations staff, compliance officers, auditors, and trainers.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.