After a detailed credit analysis of a loan request has been performed, it's now time to communicate your findings in writing. Credit memoranda are a primary means of communication within the banking industry. When writing effective credit memoranda, it's not what you say that commands attention, but how you say it. Credit memoranda serve three functions: 1) they provide information on the condition and status of a customer relationship; 2) they provide a record of thoughts and actions; and 3) they support or recommend action.
This course teaches skills required to write an effective credit memorandum. Learn to emphasize important factors and trends without stating the obvious. In short, your credit memoranda should present relevant, material facts, along with your thoughts and opinions. Remember, anything you write in a credit memorandum will become public record if you find yourself in court with a borrower.
- Balance Sheet analysis
- Income Statement analysis
- Cash Flow analysis
- Calculating and interpreting financial ratios and cash flow
- Questions to raise with the customer after the credit analysis is completed
- Outline of relevant factors to include in a credit memorandum
- How to report your finding efficiently and effectively in credit memoranda
- Apply the concepts to a study case
- Strengthen your understanding of credit analysis
- Interpret financial trends and financial ratios
- Write succinct and focused credit memoranda
- Meet with management armed with relevant questions and issues to be addressed
- Feel more confident in defending a recommended course of action based on relevant facts and not instinct
Who Should Attend?
- Commercial Loan Officers
- Consumer Loan Officers
- Credit Analysts
- Loan Review Personnel
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Branch Managers
Participant should have some experience or prior class work in analyzing financial statements and/or credit analysis.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.