Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, teaches participants how to create resilient and dynamic budget spreadsheets in this valuable webinar. He explains techniques and Excel features that will enable you to improve the integrity of your spreadsheets, transform filtering tasks, and preserve key formulas. To help you build flexible, easy-to-maintain budget spreadsheets, David also covers several Excel functions, including CHOOSE; IFNA, FERROR, and ISERROR; ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN; VLOOKUP, and SUM and SUMIF.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webinar.
- Comparing and contrasting IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Streamlining formula writing by using the Use in Formula command.
- Going beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Learning how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Apply and isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet and protect all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets.
- Recall how to use range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets.
- Identify the Excel command that allows you to streamline formula writing.
Who Should Attend?
Practitioners seeking to build budget spreadsheets that can be updated effortlessly and contain easy-to-follow supporting calculations.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.