On a daily basis, a financial institution is faced with having to comply with a multitude of legal documents that are served on it. These documents can order your financial institution to produce confidential customer information, hold depositor funds, and can even order it to seize property in its possession belonging to the customer.
If you find these documents confusing and intimidating, attend this multi-state seminar to learn the best practices of how to deal effectively with these documents and the parties who serve them upon you.
- Legal differences among subpoenas, summonses, levies, garnishments, writs of attachments and warrants.
- What your financial institution should know about the Right to Financial Privacy Act, the Financial Privacy Act, and similar laws and regulations.
- Verifying customer information when complying with subpoenas, garnishments and levies.
- Helpful resources to assist your financial institution when complying with these orders.
- Whether IRS tax levies will attach to special accounts, like individual retirement accounts, health savings accounts and escrow accounts.
- An overview of procedures for answering garnishments of federal benefit payments.
Who Should Attend?
This session is a cost-effective way to learn the ins and outs of complying with the subpoenas, summonses, levies and garnishments that are served on your financial institution.
"First time participating in TTS webinar. Valuable information and presenter was wonderful speaker. Being able to get answers to questions while on the call was valuable. Handouts particularly useful as well." -- Karen Terry, Enterprise Bank
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.