The world of electronic banking continues to evolve and bankers want to keep pace with technology and customer preferences. Recent surveys indicate that 51% of adults in the U.S. bank online and 32% bank with mobile phones. Customers expect more digital access at a time that cybersecurity has become a significant threat. The recent “breach” of 143 million consumer credit reports this year has brought additional scrutiny to compliance with both cybersecurity and consumer protection regulations. What steps must be followed to be in compliance with E-Sign? What NEW steps should be taken to verify the customer’s identity in view of an increased risk of identity theft?
What You Will Learn:
- What are the rules? Learn about Federal regulations for E-Sign
- Which lending regulations are related to E-Sign and have specific provisions for compliance?
- Can you provide appraisal copies electronically?
- How do you comply with the “delivery” requirements of Integrated Disclosures for Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures?
- What are “digital signatures”?
- What are the retention requirements for loan documents?
- Can mortgage statements be provided electronically?
- Can Privacy Notices be provided electronically?
- Common questions, resources, exam procedures
- Learn the Six-Step Process for Consumer Consent
- Basic Steps for E-Sign Implementation
- Tips for cybersecurity and fraud detection of identity theft
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will be helpful to ensure compliance with e-banking and is targeted for Compliance officers, Lending staff and Loan operations, Operations Managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.