Your member brings identification in to open an account or cash a check. In this program you will learn about the federal requirements and some security procedures on all types of identification. This program will examine the new W-9 and W-8 forms and all the ins and outs of opening accounts for US Persons and Non Resident Aliens. We will also discuss the hard to identify customers such as minors, elderly and Amish and some approaches to identifying these members.
What you will learn:
- Bank Secrecy Act requirements for identification and documentation
- Red Flags for ID theft Requirements from the FACT Act
- Driver's licenses, non Driver ID cards, passports, military ID and many more
- Check cashing rules versus opening account rules
- TINs: SSNs, ITINs and EINS
- New W-9, W-8 and W-8BENE
- Minors, Elderly, Amish and others with limited ID
Who Should Attend?New Member Representatives, Tellers, Branch Managers, Branch Operations, Managers, Lenders and anyone who opens accounts and cashes checks
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.